Saturday, March 11, 2006

Certification and a green thumb


Well, it has been a good week all around. I had a couple of days off, so me and Lori got a lot done. We got 2 of the three garden boxes planted and some bulbs in the ground in the flower beds and backyard. I planted one garden box with June bearing strawberries, yum.
We also made great strides on the adoption paper work.
We went to the Secretary of State to get the documents that we have to have notarized in Arkansas Certified. I must give a big thank you to the people that work at the Secretary of State office, they were very helpful. We had 9 documents certified and they were able to do them all while we waited. They also gave us a compliment. They told us that usually there is something is done wrong with some of the paperwork that people bring in, mostly because the wording on the notarization isn’t correct but all of our documents passed. Yea! We also sent off documents to be certified at the Oklahoma and California Secretary of State Office through Fed-Ex. We have to have our passports in order for the Chinese Embassy in SF, CA. to authenticate our papers for that consulate, so we went to the post office and had them done. We expedited them so they wouldn't hold our authentication up. We should have them back in two weeks. When they come in we can photo copy them and send everything out to the different consulates for authentication. Everything but our home study report and our I 171 H, those documents will have to be the last pieces of the dossier puzzle. On the blog I figured out how to write HTML, so that when you click on one of my links it will open up another window so you can look around some of the sites and close them and get back here to look at another site. The latest site I have added is "The Beijing guide" under useful links. It's a neat site. Take a look.
Glen

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Glen! My husband & I are adopting thru CCAI also. We are a couple of weeks behind you on our paperwork. We live in NE MS and will be fingerprinted at Memphis also. Mailed our I600A 3-24-06. My question is Have you already been fingerprinted, & if so did they give you a time frame on recieving the I171H? I have been told Memphis runs VERY SLOWLY & this could take up to 5 months!!! Would be curious to know what you heard. Mailed our 1st fee to CCAI 3-25-06 & are having our 3rd home study visit 3-31. Just waiting now to get the info on our dossier prep. Please e-mail me if you have time. We could end up going to China on the same trip ! Thanks for any info! Margaret & Michael mgeorge17@bellsouth.net