Saturday, January 14, 2012

SNOW!

Well, there were rumors going around this past week that we would be getting some snow this weekend. About 10:00 this morning Norah came running to tell us that it was snowing outside. Really snowing! So we did what any other sane people in a tiny apartment would do. We suited up and went for a long walk to the grocery store in the snow. It was beautiful! The best part is that we were all home to enjoy it then it stopped after about 2 hours and started melting off. The grocery store was PACKED with people. Just like when it would snow back home. We picked up a fire starter log at the store because we thought that it would be fun to have a fire. This log was apparently dipped in somekind of stinky chemical. As it stands right now there is a smoking fire log laying in the snow out back and all the windows and doors are open and the fans are going. Do you think that the neighbors are wondering what is going on?




 This is my first project on my new sewing machine that I got for Chirstmas. I am not a sewer so I picked something that I didn't need a pattern for or instructions. I think my next thing will be two big pillows for Norah's room.


Lori




3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You guys are a weather jinx!I heard Seattle is getting record snow! I hope you have power! Ha! Ha! Melissa

Glen said...

We do have power,,,,for now. They are calling for 8 to 12 inches of snow here. Now all we need is a tornado to come sweeping through in the spring and it will be like we never left Arkansas.

Anonymous said...

Ah, you forgot the flooding. You really need some flooding! Bwahahaha!
Melissa
P.S. Sorry to hear about your stinky fire log.
P.P.S. It's raining here. BWAHAHAHAH!