Sunday, January 28, 2007

Lucky find.

I came home from work today and Lori had a suprise for me. Well not exactly for me, but I was happy to see it never the less . It is for Norah, a Fisher/price Little People doll and her name is Sonya Lee , It says on the case that she's a sweet little girl with a special ability to understand animals. She can tell how they're feeling!
I love that it is not your run of the mill blond long legged doll. In fact it is the second doll we have found just out and about that is Asian. It is also touching that my little girl will play with this doll. For now I will keep it safe for her.





In other exciting news a little girl (locally) is to come home with her Mom next month, Feb 15. What a remarkable story too. I don't know if you caught it but it was on the national news. I think Katey Curick did the story before she became the anchor of the CBS nightly news.
This little girl was brought to the U.S. by LWB (Love Without Boundries) to Arkansas childrens hospital for surgery on a hemangoma on her face. while here and while she was recovering from surgery she stayed with a family from the Our local FCC that are the adoptive parents for 3 kids from China(the couple are some of the nicest people anyone could hope to meet) . While the story of this little girl coming from China to the U.S. for surgery in and of itself is remarkable it gets better. The real story here is that the little girl stole the surgeons heart that did her operation, so much so that surgeon started putting together a dossier for adoption to make this little girl a part of her family. Months have gone buy, and the little girl had to return to China while her Mom worked on filing all the paperwork for a China adoption, that part is finally over and now it is time for for the little girl to come home. If I find out that the national news is going to do an up date I will try to post what channel and time.
Glen

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glen, I can't wait till you can bring Norah home and give her that beautiful doll! How many months are you LID now?

We had to change our blogsite.. it is now: http:/wellsaid.starfishdiaries.org

Visit us!

Laurie Wells