I don’t know what is about scheduling surgery for Norah and her getting sick but we are two for two. Two weeks before her first CI implant she got sick with a runny nose and high fever. We took her to the doctor and because it cleared up within two days and didn’t involve the lungs and she had 9 days of good health before surgery we and her doctors proceeded with her first CI.
Fast forward to yesterday. She had fallen asleep in the truck on the way to speech therapy. Then at therapy she started sneezing, by the time we got home around lunch time she started coughing every once in awhile and began to run a fever. That was treated with children’s meds for fever and cough. When Lori got home we decided to take Norah to the doctor the next day if she didn’t get better by morning. Last night was horrible. I was so worried, Norah sounded so raspy when she would breathe in and out. Lori was up with her most of the night and had to comvince her to take tylenol at 2 am. Norah spent most of the night sleeping on Lori. I was glad to see morning come. I called the clinic and they told me to come down and they would work us in. I told the docotr what was up and about Norah’s pending surgery and he checked her out and didn’t hear anything wrong with her lungs but decided to do chest x-rays just to be on the safe side. Low and behold Light Pneumonia in both Lungs. So I called Children’s and they rescheduled Norah for March 26th because it would be way to dangerous for Norah to have surgery with compromised lungs. I think she has only been sick three times since we have been home from China (approx. ten months) and now two of the times were before a surgery. Oh and that photo above was just taken 10 minuets ago. I swear she makes me laugh even when she is sick. I painted her finger and toes, the goggles were her idea. Hopefully tonight will be better for her.