I said in the beginning that I would adjust the amount needed to help bring Norah home as we saved money and as people made donations, or if there was a change in the estimated funds needed to complete the adoption. We have gotten the LOA (Letter of Acceptance) and have to be ready to travel in 5-8 weeks. We still have a long way to go so last night our son who has been waiting to go to China with us for the last three years offered to stay home to take care of the house and animals thereby reducing the amount needed to complete the adoption. By my estimation that will drop the amount of funds needed to complete the adoption by $2,500.00. I have received the check for the big job that took me just over two weeks and as soon as it clears the bank we will be able to reduce the amount by another 1,500.00. As a kid we had a saying in our house, “Don’t count your chickens before their hatched.” and it has served me well over the years, so I have subtracted the $2500.00 already witch leaves us needing $5,280. I won’t subtract the $1500.00 until the check for work clears on Monday or Tuesday, so look for that number to drop significantly again. If it clears, that will bring us to needing only $3700.00. The most updated amount needed will be posted in red on the side of the page. If by the grace of God the number gets to 0.00 before March 16th I will put an end to the chip-in and breath a sigh if relief. If you can help us get to that magic number $0.00, Thank you. To all the people who have donated, and if you have donated and have a blog that I didn’t know about please let me know by Email. We want to make sure that you are recognized and thanked. We would also like to thank those of you that are unable to donate at this time but who are following us and keeping us in your thoughts and prayers.