Saturday, February 18, 2006

Connecting with our daughter






From the time we first decided to adopt Norah we have been picking up things for her when we are out. This helps us make a connection with her. One of the first things I bought for her was this security blanket. It wasn’t expensive but it means so much to me when I see it, I know that it is her security blanket.








Lori went out the other day for her first taste of freedom after school. She stopped into Mardels and found Oki she is part of the groovy girls collection they have dolls that represent a lot of ethnicities. www.groovygirls.com













She also found this lady bug dress with maching bloomers that is adorable and let’s not forget the cute mouse hat with puffballs and matching tights. All these things are Norah’s they belong to her. We get down Norah’s a plastic container in Norah’s room and add Norah’s things to it as we pick them up.
Do you see how picking up a little thing here and there is the only physical connection we have to go off of?
Glen

I came across this poem and thought I would share it here.

Dear Sweet Daughter

As a girl I had a common dream, to be a mom someday.

My baby would have eyes of blue and hair the hue of hay.

But now my dreams have been transformed.

New visions fill my head.

Now the tresses that I long to stroke are raven black instead.

And in my dreams those eyes are not so big or blue or round. Now in my dreams they’re
almond shaped and colored cocoa brown.

And in my dreams my arms can stretch across enormous seas.

They reach half-way around the world to hold you close to me.

As you grow in your mother’s womb, carefully knit together, you’re also growing in my heart, where you will stay forever.

And in my dreams the moment that your mother says good-bye, be right there to comfort you and hold you as you cry.

Our features may not look alike; we’re different as can be. But still I know the Father has created you for me.

And though I’ve not seen your face, or held your tiny hands, and though we’re half a world apart in very different lands, I’ll be right there to get you just as soon as God allows. But ‘til He says the time is right, I give you this vow.

I’ll pray for your protection every day on bended knee, for God to hold you in His arms, until you’re here with me.

-Gayle Leubecker

1 comment:

LindaJ said...

Lila has that same groovey girl. i think that dolls name is OKE but, Lila changed it to Maddie,after one of her little friends.