Monday, February 13, 2006

I-600A

We Fed-exed our I-600A (advanced petition to adopt an orphan from another country) today with a sizeable money order to cover "fees" and fingerprinting for my wife and myself. Don't forget to put copies of your marriage & birth certificates in ther to.Make sure that if you need one of these, you order the I-600A from the USCIS, not the I-600. Alot of USCIS offices let you file this form before your home study is completed so that they can get a head start on beginning your file. I've been told that it takes awhile to get a fingerprint appointment from Memphis, but we'll see how it goes. We tried to call the fingerprinting place in Fort Smith, but not only were they rude, they were not even willing to discuss it. We also got all of our agency contract agreement paperwork notorized and should be ready to send it off with the first payment installment by the end of this week. I'm happy with the way things are moving along so far. My wife takes her NCLEX-RN tomorrow. I'll be glad when it's over and she's passed so that I can finally have my wife back after 4 years. (She studies ALL the time!)
Glen

No comments: