Sunday, March 15, 2009

I have no clue what day it is now.






Taking out laundry





















Buddhist Temple. It leans just a little to the left and there is a hidden story between the other stories.


















People try to get coins through the circle at the top.




















One of two giant Buddhas inside the temple.

Outside Old Chen House.




















Washing hands inside Old Chen House courtyard.


















Why do we have to turn the water off?


















...and let one of the million meltdowns that happen each day begin.
































Norah can go from smiling child to complete meltdown in under 10 seconds, we are working on that with time maybe we can have fewer meltdowns over little things. Love the shots though, good times good times.











Outside our hotel window.

































































Put a monkey sticker on that!















I'm out of stickers.
















They are in here. i will make the monkey and Mom and Dad will give me more!















That's more like it.

















Watching Madagascar.















































































Park on the island.















Smelling the flowers.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your daughter is absolutely gorgeous!!!
I love all the photos.
Lauren

Heather said...

I just had to let you know that I LOVE following your blog! Norah is so beautiful! Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

Hang in there ... a million melt-downs per day doesn't seem too bad? Is that counting yours, too? Ha! Ha!
With love, Mike and Melissa

Lynn said...

Those meltdown pictures must be photoshopped.... I don't believe she doesn't smile all day long....

Blessings on the rest of your trip!

Anonymous said...

The meltdowns will get better. . .with time. Once you're home and have a schedule things will get better. I think it's harder on Norah, since she doesn't have her hearing aids and no one can explain what is going on. I'd be extremely frustrated in that situation!

It's sometimes hard to tell which ones are due to adoption issues and which ones are due to being THREE years old! I'm telling you both of our girls had worse meltdowns at the three than they did at two.

Know that you're in our prayers!

Just a few more days and Big Brother Brandon will finally meet his Baby Sister! Can't wait to see you guys at the airport!

Blessings!

Glen said...

Okay, Mike and Melissa. It is so wrong that you know me that well. I swear that only half the fits were thrown by me.
Lori

Anonymous said...

It's okay, Lori ... we know you and we still love you! How much longer until you're home? Do you need anything?
Mike and Melissa

Charlotte said...

Meltdowns ? They do get better, now the question is do they disappear ? Will let you know if they ever stop, still waiting 4,3 and 2 yrs later.........

Can't wait to see you this week !

Love the GZ pics, one of my favorite places !!!

Charlotte and crew

Glen said...

We are doing great! Don't need a thing. Be back on the 20th. Hope all is well at your house.
Lori

Heidi said...

I absolutely LOVE the melt down pics! Those are photos you pull out when they are teenagers, and think they are too cool for school.. =) Boy do I remember those days of the 'limp noodle' as we called it. I especially loved when my toddler would do the limp noodle in the store, then start screaming.. yur hooting meeee!!! As all eyes turned to me.. all they see is me standing there with this child hanging from my hand. The meltdowns change...but never go away... good times...