Monday, August 13, 2007

I new that adding another teen would make life more interesting. I didn’t expect the more interesting part to come so soon.


After a missed flight to Little Rock we thought that Annie would be getting in the next day at around 3:20 P.M., so off to the airport we went. Annie was in the air already and we did not want to be late.
On the way to the airport my cell phone rings. It was Annie, I said are you calling from the plane. No she said, I might be late. She had accidently gotten off the plane during a stop and had to again schedule another flight from another city that was to come in at 10:35 P.M. Me, Lori and Lori parents spent the next 4 hours trying to make sure that the airline she was flying on knew exactly where she was and that she was not to get off at yet another stop on the way here. Nobody is perfect, especially me, so Annie’s mistake just made her all the more endearing to us. We were so glad to see her coming down the gateway in Little Rock. She looked so tired. I didn’t feel it was the time to take photos so we snapped some this morning.


After a 2 long days of flying the girl was wiped out, so I let her sleep in today while I got her and Brandon’s laptops hooked up to wi-fi, then it was off to the races. Annie, Brandon, & I went to the school and got some papers we needed to fill out for her to resgister, then to the gym to put her on our family membership, Wal Mart, Kholes, JC Penny’s, Sears, Chick fi lay, Bed Bath & Beyond, then back to JC Pennys for the bedding that Annie picked out and supplies for Brandon’s & her room. We are all resting now before Lori’s parents come over for dinner.
I had to take a photo of Annie’s shoe’s. Why because when I got up this morning they made me smile. They are so small and after waiting for her to join our family these last couple of months it was very touching to see them when I got up this morning. She is an absolute joy to have join our family. She has a wonderful since of humor, a smile that will light up the room, and her and Boo are getting along well. They like a lot of the same music. We will have to see what the next couple of days bring.
Glen









1 comment:

Unknown said...

Glad she made it.Thanks for sharing the pics!!! What a wonderful time for all of you!